I don’t follow KETO specifically but I try to substitute proteins for carbs whenever I can. My body seems to function better that way. And I stay fuller longer. I found this recipe a couple months back and saved it to my “healthy recipes to try” Pinterest board.
I have found many pins using this same recipe so I have no way to credit the original recipe creator but I will leave the original pin as I found it for proper credit to that pinner.
Here is the original PIN I found next to my finished product:
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Garlic salt sprinkled on top before baking
I used the convection setting on my oven which puts it at 375°.
They only needed 15 minutes to cook. Any longer might have made them too crispy.
- Easy to make
- Easy to double or triple recipe to make more
- Very fast prep time
- I could successfully pretend this was bread
- Very versatile
- Could be bland without some spice for flavoring which is why I sprinkled garlic salt on it.
- Needs to be eaten soon after it’s made. Doesn’t age well.
In the future, I plan to use this recipe to make:
- Breakfast sandwiches
- Mini pizzas
- Cheese sticks
- Serving size: 1 whole regular-sized bagel (2 halves) or 1 regular-sized hamburger bun (top and bottom).
- 1 serving is approximately 271 Calories; 20.8g Fat; 11.5g Sat. Fat; 156mg Cholest.; 705mg Sodium; 1.5g Carbs; 0g Fiber; 0.7g Sugar; 15.4g Protein.
5 thoughts on “Keto “bread””
I made pizza crust out of this recipe tonight and it was super delicious! Didn’t do anything different other than quadruple the recipe so I could make a full size pizza. Baked it, topped it with sauce, cheese and toppings. Perfect!
Love this. Very useful. Keep up the good work!!
There are no words to show my appreciation!