The best thing about tacos is that they’re so versatile! This is a fun variation that makes a very hearty, portable meal. This recipe is similar to the Crunchwrap Supremes you find at Taco Bell but with some changes to the ingredients. All ingredients are optional and flexible based on your personal taste.
- Prep time: approx. 2-3 minutes per wrap
- Cook time: approx. 6-10 minutes per wrap
- Makes about 4 large wraps
- 3 cans of canned chicken breast
- 1 8oz. brick of cream cheese (room temp)
- About 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Small can green chilies
- About 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- Tostada shells (at least one for each wrap you plan to make)
- Large flour burrito tortillas (the largest you can find)
- Shredded lettuce
- Pico de Gallo (or just tomatoes)
- Sour Cream
- Refried beans (optional)
- Open and drain water from canned chicken. Place all canned chicken in a large bowl with cream cheese and about 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese. (Cream cheese can be warmed in the microwave for about 30 seconds to make mixing easier).
- Begin mixing ingredients with large spoon or spatula. This can also be done in a stand mixer to make things a lot easier.
- Mix in green chilies and taco seasoning with chicken mixture. Stir until all ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Create a work station with an assembly line for burrito tortilla > (opt beans) > chicken mixture > tostada shell > lettuce > pico > sour cream > shredded cheese > (opt tortilla circle).
- Place a burrito tortilla on a plate or cutting board.
- In the center of the burrito tortilla, (spread optional beans in a thin layer first) place about a cup of the chicken mixture- flatten and shape it to be about the size of the tostada shells.
- Place 1 tostada shell on top of chicken mixture.
- Place about 1 handful (or 1/2 cup) of shredded lettuce on top of tostada shell.
- Top lettuce with 1-2 Tablespoons of pico de gallo and 1-2 Tablespoons of sour cream.
- Top ingredients with about 1/4 cup shredded cheese (this will melt and work to seal the wrap during grilling).
- Fold one edge of the burrito tortilla up and over ingredients reaching for the middle on top of all the ingredients. *If it seems like your burrito tortilla will not reach to meet all edges in the middle, you can cut out circles from extra burrito tortillas using a cereal bowl to trace around with a sharp knife. These circles can then be used directly on top of the wrap ingredients before wrapping the burrito tortilla.* Continue to fold up the edges going around the wrap in one direction. You will end up with a wrap that is shaped like an octagon or something close to it. You can place a small salad plate on top of the wrap to keep it folded. See video below for example.
- Warm a large frying pan or a griddle or grill to medium heat. Oil or butter the warming surface.
- Carefully place wrap fold side down on your heated surface.
- Place a heat-resistant plate on top of the wrap as it is grilling to ensure it makes the most contact with the hot surface as possible.
- Heat the wrap for about 3-5 minutes depending on how hot your surface is. Use a spatula to tip up the edge of the wrap as it is cooking to check for doneness.
- Once desired doneness level is reached, carefully flip wrap over to other side and repeat grilling process. 3-5 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 grilled wrap
- 1 serving is approximately 141 Calories; 2.1g Fat; 1.1g Sat. Fat; 20.6mg Cholest.; 152mg Sodium; 28.7g Carbs; 0.4g Fiber; 17.4g Sugar; 2.6g Protein.